The Cause of Ingrown Hairs
what is ingrown hairs?
Ingrown hairs occur when the hair twists and grows under the skin instead of growing directly from the follicle. These hairs can appear as raised, red bumps that look a lot like a pimple and may be painful to the touch.
What causes an ingrown hair?
Shaving is the most common way to remove unwanted hair. Improper use of hair correction methods such as shaving or using a razor without following hygiene rules can cause ingrown hairs. Shaving against the direction of hair growth and using old and dirty razors may also cause ingrown hairs. Do not forget that the skin must be soaked in soap and water before using the razor. It is also better to use lotion after shaving.
Wearing very tight clothes
Tight clothes can cause pressure and expansion of the skin area and cause ingrown hairs in different body areas. These clothes stick to the skin and prevent the skin from breathing naturally. In this case, the epidermis layer is damaged and the formation of subcutaneous hair is facilitated. Especially after shaving or waxing, you should not wear such clothes. The quality of cotton clothes is always better than synthetic fibers.
Poor waxing technique
Improper use of epilation methods such as wax or using epilation devices with excessive power can cause ingrown hairs. The use of wax weakens the hair follicles, and as a result, the hair does not have enough strength to grow and rise from the surface of the skin, which may turn into subcutaneous hair. Also, the epilation machine causes the formation of subcutaneous hair because the outer head of the hair follicle is separated without the hair coming out completely from the root.
Some people have a curly hair structure that can cause ingrown hairs. Hair that is naturally curly or curly is more likely to become ingrown as a result of growth.
Hair density: In some areas where the hair is very dense, there is a higher chance of developing subcutaneous hair. This includes areas such as the head, face, and thorax.
Skin inflammation caused by factors such as acne, excessive sebum secretion, infection, or skin irritations can cause ingrown hairs. These inflammations can disrupt the flow of hair growth and lead to subcutaneous hair growth.
In some people, the presence of subcutaneous hair can be related to genetic factors. Some people naturally suffer from more ingrown hairs than others.
Failure to observe skin hygiene
Hair follicles have to pass through obstacles such as sebum, dead cells, bacteria, and even pollution to reach the surface of the skin. If skin hygiene is not maintained well, hair strands remain under these barriers and grow there. For this reason, weekly cleansing of the skin, washing, and daily moisturizing are recommended.
Ways to prevent ingrown hairs
Prevention of ingrown hairs and their reduction can be done by observing proper skin care and using the correct methods to remove excess hair. Below are some of the relevant methods and recommendations for you:
1. Shaving: If you use the method of shaving your hair, it is very important to follow the correct techniques of shaving. Here are some recommendations for hair care:
• Before shaving, wash your skin with warm water and mild soap to prepare the desired areas.
• Before shaving, use a warm compress or other heat source to soften the hair and prepare the follicles to come out.
• Use styling products (such as shaving cream or oil-based gel) to soften hair and reduce ingrown hairs.
• Use sharp and clean blades and wash and replace them after each use.
• When shaving, pay attention to the direction of hair growth and do not use razors in the opposite direction of hair growth.
2. Waxing: If you use the waxing method (using wax or a waxing machine), the following precautions can help reduce ingrown hairs:
• Use of quality waxes and depilation devices: choosing quality and reliable waxes and devices can guarantee the reduction of subcutaneous hair. Use waxes and devices with moisturizing and healing ingredients to help the skin recover faster after waxing and prevent inflammation and damage.
• Dry and clean skin: before waxing, wash and dry the skin well. Make sure the skin is free of oil or lotion, as these substances may prevent the wax from sticking to the skin and reduce the effectiveness of waxing.
• Pulling the wax in the right direction: When waxing, be careful to pull the wax in the right direction and put it against the direction of hair growth. This reduces the chance of hair breakage and their growth in the subcutaneous form.
• Preparation of anti-inflammatory solution: after waxing, your skin may feel flushed and sensitive. In this case, you can use anti-inflammatory solutions or creams to reduce inflammation and heal the skin.
• Skin care after waxing: After waxing, the skin needs special care to recover and prevent irritation and inflammation. Here are some ways to take care of your skin after waxing:
• Using ice or cold packs: After waxing, you can use ice or cold packs on the skin. This will help reduce inflammation, redness, and pain. Place the cold packs on the waxed areas for a few minutes and repeat the process.
• Use of anti-inflammatory cream: You can use anti-inflammatory creams or gels after waxing. These products help reduce inflammation and soothe the skin. Use products labeled “after waxing” or “anti-inflammatory” and follow the instructions on the package.
• Use of soothing natural ingredients: some natural ingredients can help the skin after waxing. For example, you can use aloe vera extract and rose water. These natural ingredients are moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and soothing. Before using, make sure that your skin is not allergic to them.
3. Skin scrubbing: Using scrubs or anti-inflammatory cleansing products can help reduce ingrown hairs. These products can remove the dead layers of the skin and open the pores of the skin, which reduces ingrown hairs. When using scrubs, be careful to gently massage the skin to avoid damaging the skin.
4. Skin moisturizer: Using moisturizers keeps the skin moist and makes the skin soft and supple. This work can play an effective role in reducing subcutaneous hair. Also, moist skin is better able to maintain hair fibers and prevent their irregular growth.
5. Healthy diet: Eating foods that are good for skin and hair can help reduce subcutaneous hair. Foods rich in vitamins and nutrients such as fruits and vegetables, fish, nuts, and eggs can help improve skin health and reduce ingrown hairs.
6. Skincare: Hygiene and regular skin care can help reduce ingrown hairs. This includes washing the skin regularly with the right products, using moisturizers, and protecting the skin from the sun. Also, skincare includes avoiding the use of products that are harmful to the skin, such as strong and irritating chemical products.
7. Using anti-inflammatory products: Products that have anti-inflammatory and soothing properties can help reduce ingrown hairs. Using products containing ingredients such as aloe vera, natural oils, plant extracts, and antioxidants can help relieve skin inflammation and reduce ingrown hairs.
8. Use of subcutaneous hair removal methods: Using subcutaneous hair removal methods can help reduce them. There are different methods such as subcutaneous hair laser and subcutaneous hair electrolysis. Consultation with a skin and hair specialist can help you choose the right method.
9. Reducing tension and stress: tension and stress can lead to an increase in subcutaneous hair. Therefore, practicing stress reduction techniques such as meditation, breathing exercises, and yoga can help reduce ingrown hairs.
10. Drink sufficient water: Sufficient water is necessary to maintain skin moisture. Adequate water consumption prevents skin dryness and improves skin health. The goal should be to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
It is important to remember that each person may respond differently to different methods and products. Therefore, consultation with a skin and hair specialist can help you choose the right methods and adjust your skin care program.
Visit a dermatologist
If the problem of eyelash loss is severe, it is recommended to consult a skin and hair specialist. They can introduce you to specific tips and products to solve this problem.
Get your free consultation with Irsa team right here
FUE Method, Natural Hair Line, High Density, Professional Technicians, Reasonable Costs With Best Services, And Free Consultation On WhatsApp 00989170626693