Fractional CO2 laser
Fractional CO2 laser is one of the most common and of course the best methods for eliminate the wrinkles, pimples caused by acne and scars and generally rejuvenating the skin. If you also have these skin problems, fractional CO2 laser can help you to have smooth, clear, firm and flexible skin.
Applications of fractional CO2 laser
In general, fractional CO2 laser applications can be classified into two general categories: quick and gradual treatment:
About two weeks after using quick treatment, the skin gets lighter. Skin blemishes fade or disappear completely. The open pores will minimize.
In gradual treatment, however, the deep effects of fractional CO2 laser can accelerate collagen production in different layers of the skin, thereby reducing skin wrinkles, tightening the skin and eliminating the scars caused by pimples and so on.
On the other hand, due to the effect that fractional CO2 laser has on stimulating collagen production, it can be used as a safe method to prevent skin aging and wrinkles.
The following is a list of fractional CO2 lasers applications:
- Skin peeling
- Minimizing open pores of the skin
- Increase the skin firmness through stimulate collagen
- Minimizes sun damage, acne scars, and fine lines.
- Removing scars caused by acne, burns, chicken pox or surgery
- Improvement of skin cracks caused by pregnancy or overweight (stretch marks)
- Eliminate wrinkles on the forehead, around the eyes and mouth and…
- Lightening the skin in people with melasma caused by inflammatory skin disorders
- Removal of pigmented lesions such as freckles, melasma and lesions such as moles, warts, colloids and…
Benefits of fractional CO2 laser
The most important benefits of fractional CO2 laser compared to the old CO2 laser are shorter recovery period, less pain and no need for intraoperative anesthesia and postoperative dressing.
The following can also be considered as benefits of this type of laser over its older models:
- Boost collagen production
- Less pain and skin damage
- It can exfoliate and stimulate the skin at the same time
- Eliminate fine lines and sagging skin
- It can determine the spectrum in vascular and color lesions and rejuvenation
What cannot be done with fractional CO2 laser?
This laser is not used to eliminate telangiectasia (spider veins that are seen on the surface of the skin and include capillaries close to the surface of the skin that are larger than normal and appear with a fracture or tear on the surface of the skin).
Poikiloderma or redness on the surface of the neck, which is often caused by chronic exposure to sunlight, is also not treated with fractional CO2 laser.
This type of laser can even temporarily make the area redder because redness is usually possible with fractional laser treatment.
In these cases, if the treatment of medical spots is considered, color pulsed lasers such as Candela and IPL lasers can be used.
Complications of fractional CO2 laser
Fractional CO2 lasers generally do not have a specific complication that is permanent and worrying. However, after the laser treatment, redness and swelling and dark spots on the skin remain for two to three weeks. But these symptoms are due to the proper functioning of the fractional CO2 laser and gradually disappear and the new skin appears.
Fractional CO2 laser cost in Iran
The Fractional CO2 laser cost varies depending on the purpose of the laser and the duration of treatment. For example, the cost to a person who treats acne is different from the cost to a person who rejuvenates the skin.