What is Hair Mesotherapy?
Hair mesotherapy is a treatment that works by injecting drugs, vitamins and nutrients into the scalp and can be applied in several different ways. Injectable drugs in mesotherapy are inserted through a small needle to a depth of one millimeter of the scalp (where hair follicles are located). This method is painless. In this way, the effect of the scalp as a barrier against hair growth is overcome and a sufficient amount of hair growth drugs are injected exactly where it is needed. Mesotherapy injection takes about 40 minutes.
Hair mesotherapy has quick and great results in the hair loss treatment, because in this method, the drugs are injected directly at the hair root and exactly as needed. In fact, the exact amount of substances and elements needed for hair growth cannot be provided by any other treatment. That is why mesotherapy is used to treat various hair diseases.
Choosing the drug combination which is injected in mesotherapy is specified for each patient and this combination is determined based on the patient’s general health status and the type of problem that caused hair loss.
The most important benefits of facial mesotherapy
Mesotherapy has many benefits and advantages that using this method is increasing in the world. Some of the most important benefits of mesotherapy are as follow:
- An absolute safe and secure method
- Outpatient treatment, without anesthesia, non-surgical and non-invasive methods
- Quick recovery period
- A painless method
- Repair damaged hair and prevent premature white hair
- Stimulates hair growth
- Get rid of oily scalp and dandruff
- No need for special care
- Thin hair treatment
- Baldness and narrow hair treatment
- Reduce hair loss, hair regrowth, hydrate under the scalp and increase blood flow to the treatment area
- Protection against oxidizing agents
- Providing nutrients to the dermis and subcutaneous layer and hair follicles
- Reduce the dandruff
- Regain soft and shiny hair
- Reasonable cost
- Suitable for treating hair loss and scalp problems such as oily hair, dandruff and repairing damaged hair
- An effective way to treat hair loss without surgery
- Fast recovery period
- Almost painless and without the need for anesthesia
- Very limited side effects and risks
Mesotherapy is useful for improving hair transplant results and it can be used in three ways:
- Before hair transplantation: To improve blood flow to the scalp
- Immediately after hair transplantation: to treat edema or swelling
- It can be used a few days after hair transplantation: for better wound healing as well as strengthening grafts
Reasons for having Mesotherapy:
For those who have healthy hair, mesotherapy is used to care for hair and prevent hair loss. In these people, mesotherapy increases hair growth and activates those follicles that are left in the telogen phase (resting phase) of the hair growth cycle. In this way, hair loss is delayed and the active phase of their growth will be longer and the hair becomes more flexible and shinier. And prevent the premature white hair.
In people with damaged hair or hair loss, mesotherapy is used to induce the active phase of hair growth, improve hair structure, remove gray hair, increase the secretion of natural fats (sebum) from the sebaceous glands of the scalp and strengthen the muscles that support hair. Hence, hair regains its health.
If hair loss is due to various internal diseases, mesotherapy is performed to stop the hair loss process. It should be noted that mesotherapy is used to treat hair loss and in people who are prone to hair loss, it stops hair loss and causes hair regrowth.
Who is not a good candidate for hair mesotherapy?
- People who have hair loss due to diseases such as syphilis.
- People with diabetes, hepatitis, hemophilia, AIDS and etc.
- People who have hair loss due to certain medicine such as chemotherapy drugs and they have mesotherapy after the end of the treatment period.
- Less results are seen in men over 40 or people with severe androgenic baldness.
- Women over 60 or people with androgenic baldness.
- People who do not have good hair quality due to genetic problems.
- Pregnant women