Skin Rejuvenation with Microneedling
Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy, also known as PCI stimulation therapy, is a mechanical stimulation method to repair damaged skin that leads to the reconstruction of damaged tissue. The goal of this treatment is to improve the appearance and function of the skin. Microneedling is one of the most effective skin rejuvenation and repair methods used nowadays all over the world. The most important advantage of Microneedling is rejuvenation and repair of the skin. In this method, the body’s own natural repair processes are used for treatment. After Microneedling, the appearance of the skin is quickly repaired and you can easily return back to your daily activities.
These days, there are various methods to rejuvenate the skin, heal wounds, old burns and also remove skin cracks. Some of the most well-known types of these methods are the use of topical medications or laser techniques. However, in many cases, with the help of such treatments and spending money, patients may not achieve the desired results. Therefore, researchers in the field of skin and hair, start to find newer and less expensive ways to treat scars, wrinkles and cracks, rejuvenation and treating old burns, so they introduce “Microneedling” as a suitable and effective method in the field of skin and beauty and aesthetic. In general, skin needling, also known as Microneedling or collagen injection, is a minimally invasive non-surgical procedure that uses a microneedle device to cause controlled damage to skin.
Skin Microneedling is usually best used as follow:
- Repair scars caused by acne, severe wounds, surgery and burns (whether new or old scars)
- Eliminate the symptoms of sagging skin
- Rejuvenate and reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the skin
- Tightening of loose and sagging skin and…
- Treat pimples and acne
- Stretch marks or cracks from pregnancy, obesity and puberty
What are the effects of Microneedling on the skin?
- Improves skin texture and reduces the wrinkles
- Regenerates tissue
- Deforms the wound, especially acne scars can be removed because with this method new collagen fibers cover the wound tissue with fresh skin
- Minimize the size of skin pores
- Improves skin cracks
Who are the best candidates for Microneedling?
Doctors usually do not consider this treatment suitable for everyone. Before Microneedling treatment, it is better for the patients to explain all their medical history to the doctor. Be sure to tell your doctor about if you are taking medication or any skin disease or injury before Microneedling. It should be noted that skin Microneedling can treat sensitive and fragile areas of the skin that cannot be treated by other methods. These areas include the eyes, neck and back of the hands. But the following people are not good candidates to use this method:
- People who have open wounds, cuts or scratches on their skin
- People who have had radiation therapy on their skin for the past year
- People who have any skin infection, complication or herpes in the area
- People who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- People who have a history of colloids or large wounds or slow healing of wounds
- People who have taken Ecotan (isotretinoin) in the last three months
- People who have been receiving radiation therapy for the past year
- Suffer from skin infections, skin diseases and herpes simplex
- Patients with hemophilia and those taking aspirin and anticoagulants
What are the Benefits of Microneedling?
- Microneedling method increases the efficiency and penetration of active ingredients during the usual skin preparation
- Stimulates collagen production and blood flow
- Medical titanium needles have made this method a non-allergenic method for human tissue
- Reasonable price compared to other skin rejuvenation methods
- Microneedling can be used on all skin types and even dark skins
- Therefore, it can be used on all areas of the body, including the scalp, face, body and sensitive skin around the eyes, mouth and neck