What is abdominoplasty?
Having a lot of fat and saggy belly is not a pleasant at all. Especially when diet or exercise does not help to solve the problem, in such cases, you can have abdominoplasty and you can flat your belly with this method.
Abdominoplasty is a method that removes excess fat and skin from the belly and tightens the abdominal muscle wall, help you to have a small and flat belly. This is a kind of serious surgery, so if you intend to have this surgery, you must get enough information, assess your condition and do it as you know all the details. Abdominoplasty is a method for those who have tried all other methods and they did not receive the desirable result.
The Reasons of Abdominoplasty
There are people who have big, fat bellies with sagging skin and cannot lose weight with a diet or regular exercise program, but at the same time other parts of their body are fit. As well as abdominoplasty is also recommended, especially for women who were pregnant for several times and whose abdominal skin is stretched and whose abdominal muscles have lost their normal position. Abdominoplasty surgery is also recommended for older people who have lost the elasticity of their skin and gaining and losing weight constantly.
With abdominoplasty, people`s confidence with increase, but it is better to consult with the surgeon about their expectations of the outcome of the surgery before the operation. To agree on these issues and the outcome of the action.
Who are the best candidates for abdominoplasty?
People who are physically healthy and have a stable weight.
People who have loose or excess belly skin or excess fat tissue in their belly that makes them disproportionate compared to other parts of the body.
Women who have had loose skin, fat accumulation, and loose abdominal wall muscles and skin cracks on the abdomen following one or more childbirth.
People who have sagging skin and sagging abdominal wall muscles following severe weight loss.
People with localized obesity and have bariatric surgery (such as gastric banding or laparoscopic gastric bypass) have experienced severe weight loss, resulting in sagging and loose skin all over the body, including the abdomen and sides.
Abdominoplasty is not a substitute for weight loss, a balanced diet or exercise. Also, this method cannot eliminate the symptoms of abdominal distension unless these effects are extra to the skin; therefore, they can be removed.
Which patient should not have abdominoplasty surgery?
- A woman who may still intend to have children is better using non-sutured muscle repair (skin and fat only) or postponing the surgery until after giving birth.
- 2. A person who wants to lose weight, it is better to reach the right weight first, then have the surgery.
- This surgery is done by making a longitudinal incision in the lower abdomen that its scar will remains forever, although in most patients the incision becomes no visible a lot within 6 to 12 months (a thin line of scar will remain), in rare cases likely some keloid scar may to occur. There is keloid scar (hypertrophic scars) or flattening effects of the incision and other skin deformities. If you cannot take the risk of a bad scar (scar) however small, it is better to avoid this surgery.
In fact, people who decide to lose a lot of weight or women who are planning to get pregnant should not use abdominoplasty, the reason is the fact that during the surgery, the right abdominal muscles are fixed together, but during pregnancy and by the growth of fetal, these muscles are separated and abdomen returns to its former condition.
Relatively prohibited cases of abdominoplasty
- Disorders of wound healing
- Immune disorder
- Taking anticoagulants
- Significant history of deep veins clotting or lungs
- Bowel or bladder dysfunction
- Significant medical problems include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, renal failure, anemia
Benefits of Abdominoplasty
- Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure for people who are very fat and have sagging skin, especially women who have had childbirth several times and cannot be treated with exercise or other methods.
- With the help of abdominoplasty surgery, many appearance problems of your body will be solved, like reducing the volume and size of the abdomen and sides, and then eliminating the cracks of the abdomen and striae, smoothing and shaping the abdomen are its special benefits. This is the method that can give you beauty and youth.
- Complete abdominoplasty is very suitable for women who have been pregnant many times and have sagging abdomen or the skin of the abdomen of people who are loose and sagging.
- Abdominoplasty causes abdominal stiffness because in abdominoplasty, the doctor pulls and sews the abdominal muscles.
- In abdominoplasty surgery, the fat that is removed from the body by suction and surgery is irreversible because in adults, fats lose their ability to divide and with a diet and adequate exercise, the desired result is achieved and the fats will not return.
- Significant increase in self-confidence and effective presence in society can be one of the positive points of this surgery.
- Abdominoplasty surgery will remove cracks in the skin of the abdomen and the skin will be smooth.
- If a person has lipomatic or liposuction surgery, may cause excess skin in the abdomen, which is the best way to get rid of this problem is abdominoplasty.
- This surgery will cause abdomen skin attractiveness from the appearance.
- In addition, it will not cause any damage to the feeding arteries during this surgery.
- One of the main concerns of people is that when the skin is pulled, the umbilicus is also pulled down, and the surgeon creates a new place for the umbilicus, which is not a cause for concern, and the umbilicus is sewn to the new area with the abdominal muscles and it`s not dangerous process.