Hair Dryers and Irons Side Effects
Side Effects of Using Hair Dryers and Irons
Everyone, especially women, is looking for ways to make their hair beautiful, shiny.
Ironing hair and using a hair dryer are two common and popular methods for styling and straightening hair. However, some people endanger the health of their hair by excessive use of these devices.
You should know that the hair has a very weak structure and even direct sunlight will cause irreparable damage to the hair and people who use the hair dryer frequently to style their hair will become thinner over time and the hair color will Browsing will lose its clarity.
Also, the hair dryer increases the chances of scalp allergies.
- The only factors that are direct contact with the hair follicles can damage the hair follicles, while the hair dryer has a high temperature and direct contact with the hair shaft can damage the hair shafts and vulnerable to breakage and eventually cause hair loss.
- Many people think that the main harms of a hair dryer are due to the wind and its hot temperature, while the cold wind of the hair dryer, if the wind speed is high can causes dryness and static electricity in the hair and makes the hair brittle. But if you choose the appropriate wind speed, since the damage of cold wind is less than its hot.
Side effects of using the hair dryer
Improper or overuse of hair dryer can cause the follow damages:
- Can cause grains on the hair shaft
- Irregular hair shaft
- Frizzing and branching hair
- Dry and brittle hair
- Static electricity hair
- Loss of beauty and freshness of hair
Hair loss is also harmful to the brain …
The electromagnetic waves emitted by hair dryers are greater than cell phones. These waves can be dangerous for the human brain. For this reason, it is recommended not to use a hair dryer, especially children’s hair.
Things to keep in mind when using hair dryer:
When using a hair dryer, it is better to notice the following points:
- Do not use a hair dryer as much as possible to dry your hair and sometimes use it just to style your hairs.
- Hair damage is much more when the hair is wet. Because the cuticle layer of the hair is very vulnerable when wet and it may lead to side effects such as static electricity, dandruff and hair dullness. So be sure to dry your hair before using the hair dryer.
- When the hair is still wet and has a lower temperature than the environment, do not suddenly expose the hair to extreme heat and very hot winds of the hair dryer and set the temperature of the hair dryer to medium intensity. Finally, be sure to use the cold wind of the hair dryer to cool the hair.
- Do not allow the hair to dry completely with hair dryer, as the hair always needs some moisture.
- When styling hair, the hair dryer should be 12 to 30 cm away from the hair and also at a 90 degree angle to the hair to prevent damage to the hair roots. Never hold the back of the hair dryer towards the hair, as hair may enter the hair dryer blade and damage the device, motor and hair.
- Do not expose each bunch of hair to the hot wind of the hair dryer for more than a few seconds and change the place of the hair dryer regularly.
- Be sure to use a brush to dry your hair with a hair dryer so that the hair dries and styles faster. Wrap your hair around the hair dryer brush and gently pull the hair out of the brush while holding the hair dryer on it.
- To maintain healthy hair, be sure to use a hair mask and strengthen your hair. Use special crystal serums before and after blow-drying.
- To reduce the hair damage, use a special hair dryer nozzle to dissipate heat and wind.
- Do not use a hair dryer after dyeing your hair because it is more brittle and vulnerable after dyeing, mesh or dechlorination than normal hair and needs strengthening.
Side effects of using a hair iron
Hair iron, like hair dryers, if used consistently and incorrectly can damage the hair shaft and can lead to the following side effects:
- Loss your natural shiny hair
- Dry and brittle hair
- Hair leprosy
- Loss of hair uniformity
- Change hair type
- Hair loss
- The distance between the hair follicles
Tips to consider when ironing your hair:
If you are one of those people who prefer hair ironing to hair dryer, it is better to know the standard and correct method of ironing hair.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when using a hair straightener:
- Limit the use of hair straighteners to very special cases and do not use it as much as possible.
- It is best to use a hair straightener when your hair is completely clean. Otherwise, grease and contamination from the heat of ironing will damage the hair.
- Do not iron on damp hair at all and be sure to dry your hair beforehand.
- Be sure to comb your hair before ironing. Regular hair ironing and straightening is much easier than irregular hair and makes it less common to use a hair straightener for each batch.
- Divide the hair into small bunches and iron them gently.
- If your hair is curly, remove thin layers of hair to iron.
- If you have straight hair or there is very little wave in your hair, apply a small amount of hair wax or hair cream all over your hair before ironing. These things are like a cover for your hair and prevent from hair damage.