What is Breast Lift Instructions
Pre-Surgery Instruction for Breast Lift
Breast lift, like any other surgery, requires pre-surgery preparation. Talking about some topics can help your plastic surgeon to make the right decision as well as choose the right technique for performing a breast lift. The following are some of the topics:
What is the purpose of breast lift surgery?
- Specific diseases, medications you are taking and allergies you have.
- Taking medication, herbal supplements, vitamins, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
- Having a family history of breast cancer
- Results from mammography and breast biopsy
Pre instruction of breast lift surgery
- Pre instructions includes special tests and observance of some points. The following are some of the tips, some of which must be done with a doctor’s prescription:
- Routine testing or medical evaluation
- Get the medication you need or adjust your current medication as your doctor advises.
- Before having a breast lift, have a mammogram and then have the necessary tests to identify any serious problems in the breast tissue.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid aspirin and blood-thinning medications before breast lift surgery.
- Have someone with you as a companion to take you home after the breast lift and spend the first night after surgery with you.
Breast lift pre cares:
- Before performing breast lift surgery, the general health status of the body should be assessed and all precautions for the individual’s health should be considered.
- The breasts are examined for size, appearance, skin texture quality, and the location of the areola around the breasts.
- You may be photographed before a breast lift.
- Asks you about what you want from breast lift surgery.
- Explains the treatment steps to you.
- The plastic surgeon will talk to you about the outcome of breast lift surgery, complications, and more that need further explanation.
- How to anesthetize during breast lift surgery is another topic that the plastic surgeon will explain to you.
- Be sure to ask all your questions in a counseling session. For this purpose, prepare a checklist of questions that you have in mind and ask your questions according to them.
- It is important to know about all aspects of the breast lift process. Incomplete information can stress you out during breast lift surgery. So without embarrassment, ask all your questions about this surgery with a plastic surgeon.
Breast lift post cares:
Incisions made during breast lift surgery are covered by a bandage. You should continue to use a flexible bandage, gauze, or medical bra after breast lift surgery until complete recovery. This prevents the breasts from moving significantly.
A small, narrow tube may be inserted under the breasts to collect blood after surgery. Some specific recommendations for patients include:
- How to take care of your breasts after a breast lift.
- Medications that are prescribed to speed up the healing process and prevent infection in the body.
- Special things you should consider about your general health.
- When to see your plastic surgeon for a re-examination.
Safety and risks of breast lift surgery
It is better to get acquainted with its side effects before any treatment or surgery. Familiarity with the advantages and disadvantages of breast lift surgery can make you more prepared to do it. However, if this surgery is performed by a non-specialist, it may have the following complications:
- Complications of anesthesia
- Bleeding and hematoma formation
- The slow healing process of surgical scars
- Decreased sensitivity in the nipples and surrounding halo, which can be permanent or transient.
- Asymmetry of the breasts
- Breast fat, which is found deep in the breast, may be lost.
- Accumulation of fluid in the breast
- Part or all of the halo around the chest may disappear.
- Deep vein thrombosis and cardiac and venous complications during surgery
- Breast lift surgery may be performed in a way that requires reconstructive surgery.