What is Cryolipolysis or Coolsculpting?
Cryolipolysis is a non-invasive method of removing body fat. In cryolipolysis, subcutaneous fat cells, such as lipolysis, are cooled to break them down without damaging the surrounding adipose tissue or skin. After cryolipolysis, fat cells break down within 2 to 4 months, so your weight loss will be normal completely .
Why using cryolipolysis method?
Cryolipolysis is an effective and safe way to reduce the number of cells in a small area. This method is not a method for weight loss and is not recommended for the obesity treatment. This method is an effective way for fat cells which is usually eliminated only through diet and exercise.
In which parts of the body cryolipolysis can be used?
Cryolipolysis is a device used by the FDA to remove fat in people with a body mass index of 30 or less. This device is used for the following parts:
- Around the bra strap and under the bra
- The abdomen or belly
- Under the hips
- Inside the thigh
Cryolipolysis has also been used for other areas such as the waist (back), thighs, back of knees, arms and ankles.
Who are the best candidates for cryolipolysis?
People with weak immune systems are not a good choice for surgeries such as cryolipolysis. People with certain diseases whose ability to change the body’s ability to feel cold can cause serious medical complications.
Cryolipolysis should not be performed on patients as follow:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Cryoglobulinemia is a disorder in which proteins, which usually increase in response to cold, are present in high concentrations.
- Agglutinin disease is an autoimmune disease that kills the red blood cells by the change of temperature
- Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria is a disease in which red blood cells die in response to a change in temperature.
- Raynaud’s disease
- Decreased blood circulation or skin sensitivity in the treatment area
- Neurological disorders such as diabetic neuropathy
- Autoimmune skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis
- Inflammatory skins such as dermatitis and urticaria
- Open wounds on the skin of the treated area, including scar tissue
- Long-term blood thinners use
- Bleeding disorders that dilute the blood
- History of a hernia or hernia at the site of a healing surgical scar
- Implanted medical devices such as pacemakers
- Allergy to propylene glycol or isopropyl alcohol
- Chronic pain diseases
- Severe anxiety disorders
Benefits of Cryolipolysis
One of the advantages of cryolipolysis is its non-invasive method. This method is more like a skin peeling than like a surgery, and it is a painless method and it does not require the use of injectable anesthetics or even local anesthetics. Cold sculpting is a relaxing and comforting experience with minimal pain and simple preparation method. But some people feel pain when they start this method, but this pain decreases after a while because the body becomes numb.
Another significant benefit of this method is the skin firming. The produced cold by the device causes the production of collagen, and since collagen helps the skin remain firm and looks young, this method will tighten the local skin that has loosened over the years. Due to the fact that the loss of fat tissue in this method is gradual and lasts up to 4 months, this long period allows the skin to naturally reorganize and be tighten and firm.
Other benefits of this method are as follow:
- This is a low-risk method for most people.
- The skin is not cut or invaded, in which case it does not cause complications such as infection and skin wounds.
- Very few adverse reactions have been reported.
- No need to take time off from everyday activities.
- The results seem natural because they occur gradually over several weeks after cold sculpting.
- It helps people who have lost weight or have healthy weight but still have excess fat in certain areas. In fact, it is a body sculpting method for removing localized fats.
- The risk of skin dropping is low because fat cells are removed equally from the skin.
In general, this method can help to increase self-confidence, especially when it happened with weight loss along with diet and exercise.